PROPERTY SAFETY MEASURES
DERBY CITY GAMING IS NOW OPEN
LET’S WORK TOGETHER SO EVERYONE CAN WIN
We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit. Your wellness and safety are our top priorities so we have developed a full series of safety measures, solely focused on creating a safe environment for our Guests and Team Members. In addition to providing you a summary of these safety measures, we have included a list of FAQs that address some of the questions and concerns we have received while we were closed.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday: 9 AM – 4 AM
- Friday & Saturday: 9 AM – 9 AM (24 Hours)
- Sunday: 9 AM – 4 AM
*In accordance with the Kentucky Governor’s Executive Order 2020-586, all guests will be required to wear a mask or face covering.
*In accordance with the Kentucky Governor’s Executive Order 2020-968, we have made the following operational updates:
- Smoking will be prohibited except in designated outdoor areas
- All Beverage Services are currently suspended
- Center Bar will be closed
- Dining outlets will offer carry-out only and dining room seating areas will be closed
- Guests may eat in designated outdoor dining areas only
The Governor’s Executive Order is effective November 20th at 5pm through, at least, December 13th at Midnight.
Ongoing Safety Measures
- Guest occupancy in our building is limited to 33%. We now have approximately 750 games available to play.
- All Team Members & Guests are required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times.
- We will take the temperature of all Guests and Team Members before entering the building. Any Guest or Team Member with a temperature of 100.0 F or higher will not be allowed into our building. Anyone exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (such as coughing, chills, and shortness of breath) after entering may be asked to leave.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available on the gaming floor, at the entrances, in bathrooms, and in our food outlets. We also encourage frequent hand washing.
- We have Team Members moving throughout the property, cleaning everything from historical racing machines to high touch areas, to keep the building as safe as possible.
- In order to encourage social distancing, we have strategically reconfigured or turned off games to ensure 6 feet of distance between guests while playing.
- To ensure proper social distancing, our Live Simulcast Area is closed until further notice.
- Signs encouraging social distancing, how to wear and remove a mask, how to wear and remove gloves, how to stop the spread of germs, and properly wash hands are placed throughout the building.
Please do not visit if you have a fever, if you are not feeling well, have recently traveled outside the U.S., or have had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. Stay home and visit when the time is right.
For more information regarding our reopening & operational updates, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.